Help > GUEST
If it’s orange – click it!
2. Stay with local people and benefit from local knowledge
3. Stay with like-minded people or find suitable accommodation through:
- your interests
- the accommodation activities – ie: is it good for fishing, climbing, surfing
- Groups that you ‘join’ or that you set-up
4. Find Trusted accommodation through friends, friends of friends and Guestbook feedback
5. Create Groups to find like-minded Hosts
6. Communicate freely with Hosts and other members
7. Paying MyFriendsHotel.com directly, rather than Hosts, increases security and prevents fraud
8. Meet adventurous like-minded people
9. Travel more!
- List your property and add your profile in minutes
- Guests will email a booking request – simply accept / decline based on their profile
- Receive your payment within 24 hours of your Guest arriving / collecting keys
Or, if you’re a Guest…
- Search for a property (private property or a room in Hosts home), anywhere in the world
- Send your Host a quick booking request
- Once accepted to stay, payment is held securely until you safely arrive at your accommodation / collect keys
Hosts register their accommodation details on the site. Guests find accommodation by location, interests, or ‘tags’ such as ‘Hiking’, ‘Villa’, ‘Pool’. Guests can contact Hosts directly on the website to make and confirm bookings, and payment is made securely online using PayPal or a credit card. (PayPal is internationally recognised and it protects Guests against fraud). Once payment is confirmed the booking details are provided to both parties. That’s it – roll on good times! For further details read our Help section or contact our customer support team.
2. For peace of mind it is recommend that you contact you Host via the website and confirm your booking. NOTE: You have not yet paid your host at this stage. You are, however, bound by the relevant cancellation policy.
3. You will also receive a Verification Code which you are to give to the Host so that they can activate the payment through PayPal.
DO NOT GIVE THE HOST THE VERIFICATION CODE UNTIL YOU HAVE ARRIVED, OR AT SOME TIME DURING YOU STAY. THIS CODE WILL GIVE THE HOST FULL PAYMENT FOR YOUR STAY.
2. It prevents unethical Hosts from exploiting member of this site as Guests do not have to entrust each individual Host with their money.
3. Guests are assured their money is secure until they have received the keys for their accommodation or have arrived at their Hosts home.
4. Hosts are guaranteed payment in accordance with our terms and conditions.
5. Any disputes are handled by MyFriendsHotel.com in accordance with our terms and conditions.
6. MyFriendsHotel.com is part of Second Parallel Ltd which has been trading since 2003 and these are our official details:
Data Protection Registration: Z1982972
Company Registration: 04852991
VAT Registration: 823759995
Address is: 37 Tonbridge Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8SA, UK
© 2010 Second Parallel Ltd, trading as MyFriendsHotel
- Carry a printed list of emergency numbers
- Keep a paper copy of your ID / Passport separately from the originals
- Let friends and family know all of your movements and changes of plan in case you need to be contacted in an emergency
- Scan all of your documents and store them in your e-mail account
- Travel with comprehensive medical insurance and be sure to read the small print and disclaimers, such as body repatriation, search and rescue, mopeds, water sports etc
- Travel with 2 x credit cards and store them in different places
- Ask your credit card company about what to do if a pin number does not work and what to do in case of a lost card
- Store small amounts of cash in different places in your luggage so you don’t lose it all in a single hit.
- Do not leave your luggage unattended in public areas – it could be stolen or be tampered with (drugs) or mistaken for a bomb
- Never accept packages from strangers. Don’t risk trafficking drugs or weapons
- Use bags that you can safely close and seal up. This is to prevent people adding to your possessions as well as taking from them
- Walk confidently even when confused about your location. If you are lost, find a café, restaurant or safe place to go in so you can figure out where you are. Do not open up a map in the middle of the street or along the sidewalk!
- Avoid traveling alone or at night
- Stay around larger groups of people. And well lit streets
- Carry a basic medical kit:
- headache / cough / stomach / flu medicine / diarrhoea
• All bookings are made using PayPal which prevents fraud and ensures the traceability of all payments.
• Host and Guests are required to add personal details before a booking can be made.
• MyFriendsHotel.com provides the ability to communicate with Hosts / Guests, to view profiles, Guestbooks etc. Also, please use these facilities and also check other Social Profiles that a member might have – for example on LinkedIn.
• Click here for more safety information.
- STAY CALM
- Phone friends or family and tell them your plan but DO NOT panic them.
- Get to a the nearest main transport link as soon as possible.
- Call your back-up or a Hostel, Hotel, B&B for an available bed.
- E-mail us as soon as possible: email@example.com. Give a detailed account of what happened. We want to police this site and ensure that no unwelcome members use this site.
- Leave feedback on the Host’s Guestbook and make it: a) Detailed b) Factual c) Impartial…try not to get emotional about it and remember that you are strengthening the integrity of the network by reporting inappropriate behaviour. If you need help with this, please contact us.
The MyFriendsHotel.com experience needs to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. Safety and trust is central to building a community such as this and we take it seriously.
If you have a problem with a Host / Guest please send me an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc. email@example.com
The best safety measure is always to use your COMMON SENSE.