Info > GENERAL
All of our navigational links are in orange so they are easy to spot. There are also a few other clickable items – such as photos – so any time you see the ‘pointy finger’ just click and see where it takes you.
“The vacation rental industry has incredibly high customer satisfaction and an unbeatable repeat rate, yet only 10 percent of U.S. adults have ever booked a vacation rental and travelers are replete with misconceptions about the product.”
- 50 million consumers consider vacation rentals worldwide, 30 million of those are in the US
- 16 million second homes exist in Europe and the US alone
- 16,500 people can be vouched for on Facebook through the average ‘friends of friends’ network
- 89% of people trust the travel recommendations of their peers
- 89% of vacation rental guests intend to rent again in 3 years. Only 1% would not rent again due to a negative experience
- 87% would recommend vacation rentals to a friend or relative
- 81% of Holiday rental reviews are positive, only 3% are negative. However, only 16% of Guests are asked to leave feedback!
- 78% of Holiday renters are more likely to book accommodation with a review
- 73% of referrals for owner-rented accommodation comes from friends, family, referrals and previous guests
- 60% of Yahoo customers rated Trust as the most important aspect in booking a holiday online
- 22% or travellers start looking for a Holiday with no destination in mind
(sources: Compete, PhoCusWright, FlipKey, Yahoo)
CLICK ON AN ICON to link to our page
Facebook – your support makes a difference
Of course we’re on Facebook – we keep the page updated with relevant news and articles and we’d love to hear from you too!
Twitter – we’ve got 2300+ followers!
Using Twitter we bring you interesting links, thoughts and aim to keep you up to date with what’s going on. To join the chat just click on the icon.
YouTube – we love video
Our YouTube channel brings together a lot of great content from YouTube as well as some of our own videos. Our channel will be regularly updated with content we’ve found interesting and relevant to either the site, the world we live in or simply as a fun distraction to make you look at things differently. Subscribe and let us know what you think.
LinkedIn – a small but discerning group
We’ve have a small following on Linked-In but the blog has also received some surprising traffic from here so if you’re part of this network then please join our Linked-In group and help get some trusted professionals involved.
RSS Feed – click here to stay up to date! Easy.